Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MAN WHAT A WEIRD DAY.

I have such mixed feelings about the universe right now. I don't know if I've ever thought it was on my team or not, but today I think the universe was on its own team.

So I got out of the house 10 minutes late, already my therapist's voice is pounding in my ears...something about tardiness being passive aggressive toward whatever it is you ought to be on time for. However 10 minutes late would still not make me actually late to the appointment and on top of that, there was no way I wanted to be late today! I had so much to talk about we didn't get to last time! I was so excited!

How CAAAAAAAARES is what the universe said. Apparently the F and A train stood for fuggedahboutit this morning cause no way were they running even close to correctly. I think that I had to go to L.I. at one point. Who knows.

Eight forty-five is the time of my appointment aaaaaall the way on 168th street. At 8:45 instead of being snugged down in one of my doctors giant leather chairs, spewing the contents of my heart, I was instead underground, inside of an A train somewhere between 50th and 59th street. Even though I was snugged, albeit between two very large men, I felt my dependency on starting promptly at 8:45 break over me in a cold sweat and I think the only thing that kept me from turning to large man #1 and pouring out my soul was the fact that I had an apple with me. I swallowed it whole.

Miraculously even after arriving 20 minutes late and then cursing the MTA for robbing me of half my appointment for 5 minutes, I still was able to get out everything I wanted to, get some wonderful feedback, AND at the very last minute have a rather interesting revelation. This holy trinity is pretty unheard of, even in a full session. Thank you universe.

Back on the train (of course it's functioning swift as a wild steed now) I'm reading some of the 'news in brief' in my AM New York and I read "Actor Brad Renfro, 25 found dead in home last night". I LITERALLY gasped aloud and dropped the paper.

I had no idea I was so fond of him. Although he was one of two Tiger Beat posters I had up in my room when I was 10 (the other was Eddie Furlong), I hadn't really thought of him since then. Aside from all that, it's sad. Isn't it always these types that this happens to? I just hope Michael Pitt isn't next.

The universe giveth and the universe taketh away.

And then the universe also creates jokes just for me.

Under the Renfro news was this gem: 'German man mistakes jug of gas for bottle of booze. Drinks, spits it out onto a lit cigarette, and accidentally lights house on fire.'

Guess what I did aloud here?

I mean...there isn't anything to say to this. I was speechless.

Other events of the day: Kramer has officially proclaimed we're in a recession (awesome), I ate an incredible sandwich for lunch (thank you Lodge), Kate Moss turned 34, and the FDA has OK'd meat from cloned animals for human consumption (where's Upton Sinclair when you need him?).

I'm not saying it was a particularly bad day, it just was senseless. I'm choosing to take it as a sign of the end of days.

xox

1 Comments:

Blogger Crow said...

you know what? brad renfro, edward furlong, and michael pitt were my holy trinity of lost boys i was in love with for yeaaaaaaaaaaars. it was a sad sad day yesterday. :(

8:40 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home