Thursday, November 09, 2006

WOW! WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!

My advice for today is to get a dog...or any pet really.
Honestly, my dog, even though she has deprived me of sleep, bitten me, nearly bankrupt me, and generally been a pain in my ass sometimes, has never (NOT ONCE) ignored a phone call from me.
I pour my soul into caring for her, loving her, making sure she's comfortable and she just gives back. She knows what I give to her and she appreciates it. No bullshit about maybe I'm not the one she's always envisioned rubbing her belly. No. I rub it and I rub it right and that's all she wrote.
I've never come home to a lukewarm reception. Even if I've just gone across the street, when I walk through that door it's Christmas in her eyes.

It's the perfect relationship and it's made me realize one thing: I am NOT mad at crazy old cat ladies.

How could I be? I feel them. A pet is the best friend you could have. There is no confusion. There is always reciprocity. ALWAYS. If you do your part, they do theirs. There's no "You aren't The One."

Granted, anyone with a some bacon could also be The One, but there's no "You aren't The One." or "I've changed my mind." or "I've had a bad day and I'm going to dump it on you." or just simply, "I'm an asshole." ...ok, sometimes she does say that.

I hope I'm not being too transparent.

No? Phew.

So, get a dog. If you have any doubt as to how anyone you invite into the temple that is your heart should act, just take a cue from our small friends and take no shit. Just start biting. And then pee on the rug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home